In the Dancefloor
Outside the dancefloor and invitations to dance
Respecting these codes and you will be able to enjoy truthfully and deeply the milongas.
(available on September 25 at 21h (Portugal time CET-
Please read it carefully:
We have thought about the most fair and transparent way to accept the inscriptions and we want to share it with all the participants. Here are the principles that will guide us in dealing with the inscriptions:
1) The first aspect is related to the main point of an encuentro milongueiro: It is important that all the participants really feel comfortable and enjoy dancing in close embrace and respect the milonguero codes, both in the way of inviting and also in the way of entering and moving in the dance floor, with all the care and respect by all.
2) Considering it is an encuentro, where intensity grows as we live it and share it, our presence is also very important to maximize the possibility of the experience to be even deeper. Due to that, we give attention to the participants registering to the full event of milongas.
3) Due to the gender balance importance and the concern of having the same number of leaders and followers so that we can all enjoy the encuentro experience at its best. Registration in couples is not mandatory. We recommend that in any registration in couple, both elements fully respect the previous points.
4) A Promotora is not a close event for friends only. Friends are essential and naturally welcome, but we always seek to give to new friends the opportunity to share the intensity of these days with us.
5) Finally, the order of inscriptions is a factor that we respect and consider as a form of sequencing the participants after considering the previous principles.
Therefore, in order to have the maximum transparency in this process and to prevent all the participants from feeling hurt or disrespected we will follow these principles as we believe this is the best way we found to give everyone the same care, respect and consideration.
The team of the Encuentro A Promotora,
Silencio Azul, Teresa Eusébio, André Pires e Markus Kruse
Pack Milongas (1 to 4 of march): 110€
Additional Milonga (5th march): 10€
Saturday Lunch: 22€
Monday Lunch: 22€
FRIDAY, 1th MARCH 2019
SATURDAY, 2th MARCH 2019
SUNDAY, 3th MARCH 2019
MONDAY, 4th MARCH 2019
TUESDAY, 5th MARCH 2019
Associação Promotora de Tango Social
Largo Fontainhas Nº 19 -
+351 915131234 / +351 966434469
OPTIONS CLOSE TO THE MILONGAS PLACE:
HOTEL VILA GALÉ ÓPERA -
(at 800m from PROMOTORA )
Address: Travessa do Conde da Ponte -
Telephone: (00351) 213 605 400
There are several apartments available in sites like airbnb.com at a walkable distance from Promotora
She organizes Tango Irreal since 2016. She was DJ in the first Milongueiro Meeting 'A Promotora', in 2013, Im Ensueños 2017 & 2018 and in other encuentros abroad. She is often invited as Dj in other regular milongas in Lisbon and Porto. Each milonga is unique. Each tanda tells a story. Each song reminds her dance moments already danced. In the present, her musical selection reflects the tastes of all the people she has meet in tango, always trying to vary and be engaging.
Dj Gato Milongueiro (Pt/IT)
It's a huge privilege for me to prepare and care for the milonga with my DJing – after all, it's all about the hard and demanding care needed for all the "milongueros" of the ball room...
...y siga el Tango!
Patrícia was born in the city of Porto (Portugal) and discoverd tango in 2005. Five years later she began Djing in milongas. As a milonguera she believes in the impact that music can produce in the dance/milonga and, in this sense, while she is Djing, tries to enfatize the orquestras that, is her own view, allow the dancefloor to keep its proper order and that also create a unique feeling of sharing between milongueros that, in that moment and space can (re)find themselves.
She also organizes the encontro milonguero Ensueños.
Dj Patrícia Santos (Pt)
Dj Silêncio (Pt)
For me, djing is an art of caring about what drives us to dance – the music.
This task takes anyone that wishes to do it well to study all his life.
I expect a tango dj to have the ability to put himself in the place of everyone in the dancefloor (and in the milonga) and, therefore, chose with coherence, focus on the dancefloor, intelligence, altruism and intuition.
I choose carefully each musical piece and try to find, among the variety of the “musical emotions” the ones that best harmonizes with each “milonguero”.
I start with the “spirit of each Orquestra Típica” and, with each dancer, I aim to choose and contribute so that each and every single one present in the milonga can live a beautiful and happy experience.
To Dj in traditional milongas an Encuentros milongueros is a responsibility I treasure because with “milongueros” giving deep importance to the love for the embrace and (the interpretation) of the music. Also due to this the milonga is, already, closer to the feeling of “a dance heaven”
Fred is a frequent presence in milongas that are of tango milonguero type -
The excellence of its musical selection takes more and more organizers of encuentro milongueros to request his abilities.
Lampis has been fascinated by tango and continuously tries to expand his understanding of this complex art form. He strongly believes that appropriate music is a critical factor for an emotionally fulfilling evening of dancing and he aims to achieve exactly that with his music selections. He focuses on traditional music that brings the dancers on the dance floor keeping them there until the very end of the milonga. Lampis is a sought-
Wolfgang has been dancing with great enthusiasm, passion and musicality since 2006. He started DJ-
Dj Fred Romero